Francesca Ciaponi, owner of Effe Nails, is an Italian nail artist who has been a nail educator since she was 19. She specializes in nail extension with effects in structure and nail art.
Ciaponi has perfected a shade technique with glassed effects that can be used to create simply stunning nail sets like those pictured above.
“For this technique, I highly recommend using self-leveling builder gels with medium viscosity,” Ciaponi urged. “This can help you with working and modeling… Between each step, you can insert sequins and/or water decals to make it even more beautiful and more unique.”
3 tips to achieve the technique
- Create the right thicknesses inside the structure and have good control of the products.
- Do nail extension instead of an overlay on natural nails.
- Seal with a milky top coat for an even more natural shade.
At the upcoming Nailpro Nail Show, Ciaponi will host the class “Baby Boomer Glass Effect.” A spin on the French ombre with pinks and nudes, the technique to create a glass effect is suitable for many clients and nails. Nail techs can make it more extravagant and colorful or more nude, classic and elegant and learn how to insert any type of decoration under the glass.
Class attendees will learn the following:
- How to shape almond nails.
- How to create shading within the nail structure.
- How to file the dorsal without compromising the structure.