Lupita Nyong’o made a stunning appearance at this year’s SAG Awards in a striped floral gown To balance out the patterns, nail expert Deborah Lippmann gave the actress something simple and as classic as Old Hollywood. Here’s how to achieve the look:
1. First file and shape the nails to an almond point.
2. Next, cleanse the cuticle and hydrate the nails, cuticles, and hands.
3. Apply a base layer to correct and conceal any imperfections, prime, and fill ridges for a smooth matte flawless finish before lacquer application.
4. Apply two coats of a fresh nude lacquer.
5. Use a berry-colored lacquer to outlines the tips of the nails.
6. Finish with high-gloss top coat.
[Images: Instagram @lupitanyongo, Getty]