To complement Narciso Rodriguez’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection, lead manicurist Deborah Lippman created a new take on the nude nail. “This season the Narciso woman was a bit younger, fresher, with an edge – in deference to Debbie Harry’s style,” says Lippman. “The skin was the starting point for the entire look from which the hair, makeup and nail look grew. Rather than the trademark sheer nail we’ve created in the past, Narciso wanted to elongate the hands and nails with a ‘new kind of nude,’ my Summer 2014 Terra Nova warm caramel crème lacquer. To make the hand look almost mannequin like, we finished with a matte top coat – it was unexpected and on trend for the upcoming Spring/Summer 2015 season.”
Get the Look:
1. To prep the nail plate, she exfoliated the cuticle with Cuticle Remover and cleansed the nails with 2-Second Nail Primer.
2. For the base, Deborah applied a coat of Gel Lab Base Coat and allowed 2 minutes of drying time prior to lacquer application.
3. Deborah then applied two coats of the new nail lacquer shade, Terra Nova, a warm camel crème, waiting 2 minutes between coats.
4. After 2 minutes of dry time, Flat Top was applied to give the look a matte finish.
5. For added hydration, The Cure and Rich Girl SPF 25 Hand Cream were applied to the cuticles and hands, respectively.
[Photo credit: Mark Schafer for Deborah Lippmann]