With all the gel, gel polish, and hybrid gel-lacquers now out there, it’s sometimes easy to forget about the power of colored acrylic for nail art! Follow this tutorial from Stephanie Rochester, a Californian nail artist as she shares how to design the perfect pink trees.
- Premium Extreme White Acrylic
- Glam and Glits Orchid pigment mixed with a little white acrylic to get the baby pink
- Acrylic paints in brown and baby pink for the ornaments
- Gold glitter from Martha Stewart collection glitters mixed with clear acrylic
- Cacee UV Gel Top Coat
1. First, lay acrylic down in a tree shape. Let it dry and file the edges into a clean point.
2. Fill in acrylic around the tree.
3. File through the acrylic to get clean edges and a clean tree shape. (Note: No, you do not need to add clear before doing this step.)
4. Start designing your garland strand with acrylic paint (any color you’d like).
5. Using a dotting tool, dot your ornaments around the tree.
6. Using a star-shaped acrylic mold, shape a gold glitter star then glue it down.
7. Add your clear coat! Done!
Follow Stephanie on Instagram: @_stephsnails_
[Courtesy: Stephanie Rochester]
See more winter nail tutorials: