Even though we’re gearing up for fall, New York Fashion Week’s Spring/Summer 2015 show is underway! At the Meden presentation, models had two-toned nails. Some had a base of Red Carpet Manicure White Hot with three stripes of Flirt Alert; others were painted in just the reverse. The show’s head manicurist Rica Romain gives the step-by-step:
1. Prep short round nails by clipping, filing and buffing.
2. Use Red Carpet Manicure Clingy Base Coat to create a smooth canvas.
3. Paint one coat of Red Carpet Manicure White Hot. Let dry for 30 seconds.
4. Paint a second coat and let dry for 1 minute.
5. Next, take a striper or toothpick and dip into Red Carpet Manicure Flirt Alert. With a steady hand, carefully draw 3 lines at the tip of the nail with the paint. Allow to dry for 30 seconds.
6. Seal the deal with Red Carpet Manicure Shine On Top Coat.
Just like on the runway, you can also switch the colors and use Flirt Alert as a base with White Hot as the stripes!
[Images: Red Carpet Manicure]