Watch as the talented Natalie Minerva demonstrates how to do a plaid spring nail using gels from her Tokyo Swag Colored Art Gel Collection! They can be cured under either a LED or UV lamp and are compatible with Presto’s lamps and other gels.
1. Prep the nail. Apply your base gel and cure.2. Apply your mint-colored gel (Minerva used one from Presto) to the nail and cure.
3. Use a fine-tipped detail brush to draw on thick lines of Tokyo Swag’s dark blue gel and then thinner yellow lines. Minerva used a tiny, tiny brush purchased in Japan – it’s just a few hairs thick.
3. Use pink gel to create lines going across the other direction. Add more thick blue lines going this direction as well.
4. Add a layer of top gel and cure.
5. Wipe clean and you’re done!
Images: Armando Sanchez