Franziska Christensen used stunning glitters to create this gradient look! Follow along as she shows you how.
1. Prepare the nails and place the nail forms. Make sure there is no air between form and natural nail.?
2. Apply bonder and one flat layer of builder gel, both at the nail plate and at the form, then cure. ?
3. Gently file and shape the nails and then carefully buff. Brush dust away and clean the nails.?
4. Take the purple glitter mix (loose glitter powder mixed with clear builder gel), and place it from cuticle over 1/3 of the nail. Important: Do not add a thick layer of glitte rmix in the sides and by the cuticle, as you do not want to ruin the glitter when filing/buffing afterwards. Fade the glitter out a bit, and cure. Do to all 10 nails.?
5. Take pink glitter mix and place it on the middle of the nail. Fade out towards the purple, and towards the edge of the nail. Leave a little space out on the edge for the next color, and cure. Do to all 10 nails.?
6. Take the bright orange glitter mix and place it on the tip. Make sure to cover the whole space at the tip, and then fade it into the pink. ?
7. When done with glitter on all 10 nails, use clear builder gel over the entire nail, and build the apex. ?
8. When done with all 10 nails, clean the nails and buff them. If there are any small bumps adjust them with the file and recreate the sharp lines. Make sure to get the sides, but don’t file down into the glitter. Finished!
Keep up with Franziska’s work:
See her site: fanzis.com
Follow on Facebook: www.facebook.com/neglelounge
See our interview with her: nailpro.com/nail-artist-qa-nailed-down-with-franziska-christensen
[Courtesy of Franziska Christensen]