Phoenix-based nail technician Leibnitz Barragan started honing his nail art skills at the age of 16. Here, he shares his technique for creating a galactic nail design. “I was inspired by the dark colors in the galaxy, while also incorporating the gleaming light of every star,” he says.
- Apply a thin layer of gel base coat and cure. Apply two coats of black gel polish, curing after each. Then, apply a thin coat of fine glitter gel sparingly across the nail.
- Create three wispy comets with white gel paint, and cure. Then, top the tails with glitter.
- Using a dotting tool add white dots in varying sizes for stars across the nail. Cure.
- Apply matte gel top coat to the entire nail, and cure. Then, attach a crystal to the head of each comet with gel stone adhesive. Cure.
RELATED: Welcome Spring with Insta-worthy Rainbow Nail Art
Get the Look
- NSI Secrets Sparkle Luminosity, nsinails.com
- Gelish Art Form Gel Essential White, gelish.com
- Swarovski Crystals dreamtimecreations.com
- Ugly Duckling Matte Top Coat
- Lux Polish Gel Color Blackout
–by Lotus Abrams
This story first appeared in the March issue of Nailpro magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
[Images: Courtesy of Brooks Ayola]