While Prabal Gurung used his Fall 2017 collection to make a political statement, whether it be the army of models marching out in white tee-shirts with political phrases or casting models larger than a size 4, the nails, provided by Jin Soon Choi of JINsoon, complemented the collection in its tame manner.
Models wore a nude half-dipped manicure on their nails, designed by Choi, who created negative space nail art. Re-imagining nails that were dipped in paint, the nails resulted in a fun and playful look that still remains clean and sophisticated.
A close up of the nail and beauty look at Prabal Gurung.
Get the look:
- Apply JINsoon Power Coat Base Coat.
- Draw a horizontal straight line across the middle of the nail using either JINsoon Grace, Jinsoon Toff, or a new JINsoon shade of nude (available this fall).
- Using two coats of the selected shade, fill in from the line to the tip of the nail.
- Apply two coats of JINsoon Top Gloss Top Coat for a high shine finish and to make the surface of the nail smooth.
Manicurists backstage used the following products:
- JINsoon Diamond Nail File
- Polish Remover
- JINsoon Power Coat, Grace, Toff, Nude (Fall 2017) and Top Gloss Top Coat
Do you do half-dipped nail art for clients? Let us know in the comments below and then read more NYFW coverage.
[Images: Courtesy of JINsoon]