Get your clients ready for showtime with this popcorn nail art tutorial.
Nail artist Yatzy MC's (@nails.by.yatzy) nail set, inspired by the cult classic horror movie "Killer Klowns from Outer Space," features this popcorn and film reel nail art that's anything but corny.
- Apply two coats of red gel color, then cure for 60 seconds. Apply a matte or glossy top coat.
- Sculpt the popcorn box using white 4D gel, building the gel up to form a rectangular pyramid shape.
- Using the same red gel color, paint a circle in the center of the popcorn bucket and 'Popcorn' in the center of the circle. Add four red vertical lines on the bucket, then fill them in. Yatzy recommends using a fine detail brush for this step, placing just the tip of the brush into the red gel color for careful application.
- For the popcorn kernels, slightly mix white and yellow 4D gels. Dot on a bead of the mixture. Lightly dab the bead until you form a kernel, and repeat for as many kernels as you'd like! Cure the entire nail for 60 seconds.
- Paint a curved strip upward from the popcorn kernels using black 4D gel, then cure for 30 seconds.
- Outline the strip in white, and add white vertical lines to create a film strip. Cure for 60 seconds.
- Finish with a glossy or matte top coat, then cure for 60 seconds.
About the Artist:
Yatzy MC is a licensed nail technician based in Orlando, Florida. She loves horror movie nail art just as much as she loves scary movies!