What are Lace Nails
Your colors don’t always have to be opaque. By laying down a thin black base over black designs, you can create a lace-like effect. Follow along as Sarah Elmaz of Get Buffed shows how:
1. Start with prepped nail (base coat required if on natural nails).
2. Paint a black gel polish border around entire nail with a striping brush.
3. Add dots with a dotting tool (or crisscross pattern for a fishnet look).
4. Cure before applying next layer.
5. Mix about 2 drops of clear top coat gel with one drop of black (adjust according to the color you would like to achieve).
6. Brush over entire nail. Cure when done; do a second coat of the sheer black if required.
7. Add top coat and cure again.
8. Lightly buff the top layer with a buffing block if you are going for the pantyhose effect (leave glossy if you prefer).
9. Wipe off dust with alcohol wipe and you’re done!
[Images: Sarah Elmaz]