Dua Lipa, who plays Mermaid Barbie in "Barbie" and is featured on the film's soundtrack, walked the film's premiere with a pink two-toned French manicure.
“We wanted to create a stunning two-tone French manicure for Dua Lipa, capturing the essence of Barbie," Truong shares. "Using OPI Nail Lacquer in “Hi Barbie!” as the pink base and “Alpine Snow” on the tips, we achieved a striking contrast. With Dua's elegant clear rhinestone dress, our goal was to bring the ultimate pop of Barbie pink to her look."
If your clients are in their Barbiecore era, this may be just the look to recreate for them! Follow the step-by-step tutorial below to learn how to bring this look to life.
- Start by prepping the nails.
- Apply one coat of base coat.
- Once dry, apply one coat of OPI Nail Lacquer in “Hi Barbie!” to each nail, let dry, then apply second coat and allow to dry completely.
- Create a white French tip using OPI Nail Lacquer in “Alpine Snow” and a steady hand. Apply a second coat if more coverage is needed and allow it to dry completely.
- Seal the look with a top coat.