Courtesy of Getty Images
essie products were used on these four looks from the 2021 Met Gala.
Amanda Gorman, Naomi Osaka, Shawn Mendes and Gemma Chan all rocked nail looks using essie products, designed by well-known celebrity nail artists.
Amanda Gorman’s nail look was created by celebrity manicurist Yoko Sakakura.
Get Amanda's Look:
- Clean each nail thoroughly with an alcohol wipe.
- Apply smooth-e as the base coat.
- Follow with one coat of no place like chrome.
- After allowing a few minutes to dry, apply one coat of love at frost sight.
- After drying for five to seven minutes, apply a coat of good to go to seal off the look.
- To finish, apply a few drops of apricot cuticle oil to moisturize the cuticles.
Naomi Osaka’s look was created by celebrity manicurist Maki Sakamoto.
Get Naomi's Look:
- Begin by applying here to stay base coat.
- Then place two coats of licorice to the nails and two coats of set-in stones to an accent nail.
- Apply rhinestones to decorate.
- Seal the look with a layer of gel couture platinum grade top coat.
- Finish off with a layer of apricot cuticle oil on cuticles.
Shawn Mendes' look was created by celebrity manicurist Betina Goldstein.
Get Shawn's Look:
- Begin by applying a coat of licorice to each nail.
- Rough up and chip nails using a nail file.
- Blend chips in with gel-setter top coat so the look is natural.
- Seal the look with a layer of apricot cuticle oil on cuticles.
Gemma Chan’s look was created by celebrity manicurist Betina Goldstein.
Get Gemma's Look:
- Begin by applying a coat of gel couture sheer fantasy to each nail.
- Follow with a coat of gel-setter to create a base for crystals.
- Place Swarovski crystals on the nails using nail glue.
- Seal with another coat of gel-setter to lock in the look to finish.
- Apply a few drops of apricot cuticle oil to moisturize the cuticles.