Celebrity Manicurist Tom Bachik created Selena Gomez's custom black cherry manicure for the Emmy Awards.
Nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series for her work as an Executive Producer for "Only Murders in the Building," Gomez wore a custom Oscar de la Renta gown with floral detailing and adorned with 450,000 sequins.
"We wanted to pair her custom dark color with a strong oval shaped nail to compliment the pattern in her dress," Bachik (@tombachik) shares of his inspiration for creating the manicure.
You can follow the step-by-step tutorial to recreate this look below.
- Start with a meticulous manicure using Tweezerman's Rose Gold Manicure Set. Hold the smooth side of the Tweezerman ProFile at about a 45 degree angle while filing from side to center to create that perfect, strong oval shape.
- To create the custom color, start with a super thin layer of Black Gel Liner.
- Then apply a coat of Paris Lash Academy's You Can't Tell Anyone, a rich, deep purple.
- To create the deep cherry effect, take a small gel brush and dip into red chrome powder.
- Apply a thick coat of Paris Lash Academy's Non Wipe Top Coat for a high gloss shine.
- Finish with cuticle oil and hand cream to rehydrate cuticles and skin.