With the temperatures dropping and the leaves falling, spooky season will be upon us before we know it!
Below, Bellacures Marketing Specialist Rianna Basurto shares three Halloween nail tutorials, so you can get your clients ready for the changing season.
Bloody French Tips
Want to take a STAB at this look? This blood-drip red mani is sure to be a fan favorite this Halloween season.
- Begin with cuticle care and filing the nails into desired shape.
- Take an opaque nude polish, and apply one coat evenly to the base of the nails. When picking a nude to go under a French mani, go with a color that best suits your client's skin tone.
- Using a dotting tool, take your choice of dark red polish and begin to place the red dots toward the middle of the nail bed. These dots will be where the blood drips will end and will be slightly different nail-to-nail since we don't want these to look uniform.
- Next, begin to drag the excess polish up the nail with a thin line brush. These lines do not have to be straight, and you can have a bit of fun with this in making each drip look unique!
- Once you've finished this step, connect the blood drips together at the tips of the nails.
- After the drips are complete, fill in any gaps with dark red polish to make sure they are as bright as possible.
- Finish off with a top coat for the perfect glossy effect!
Spooky Ghost Mani
Looking for a nail look that will send shivers up your spine this spooky season? This hauntingly boo-tiful ghost mani is sure to do the trick!
- The first step to any good manicure starts with the essentials. Begin by completing cuticle care and filing the nails into a rounded oval shape.
- Next, take nude polish that best suits your client's skin tone, and apply two coats of this to the base of the nails. Make sure to allow dry time between each coat of polish.
- Next, take white polish on a thin line brush on one side of the nail bed to outline the ghost shape onto the nails. To do this, start with a light hand on the corner tip of the nails, making the shape thin at the start and gradually getting bigger towards the nail bed to make the shape of the ghost.
- Once you have an outline, fill in the gaps with white polish to make sure the ghost is nice and bright.
- Once dry, on a dotting tool, take black polish and dot on two eyes for the full spooky effect.
- Top it off with top coat and cuticle oil for maximum shine!
This wicked spider mani is absolutely to DIE for!
- Start this mani by completing cuticle care and filing the nails into a squared shape.
- Once this step is complete, take black polish and apply two coats to each nail. Make sure to allow the proper dry time between each coat to prevent smudging.
- Once dry, begin the spider design. On the ring finger, take white polish on a dotting tool and dot one big dot on the nail with a smaller dot that will serve as the head of the spider.
- Next with a thin line brush, drag the excess white polish from the big dot to draw on the slanted legs. Depending on the look you are going for, you can stop here or add on some eyes with black polish. If you really want to take it up a notch, you can even add some glitter and gems!
- Finish off the look with a top coat and cuticle oil for maximum shine. This will help with keeping the nail hydrated and minimize the possibility of chipping.