Casey Herman for China Glaze turned to the bold waves and ruffles that dominated the Novis Fall/Winter 2015 collection when she was asked to create nail art for the show. Using this inspiration as a launch pad, Herman created a wavy look of bold blues and purples. The two-toned “S” stripes complimented Jordana Warmflashes designs and evoked thoughts of cool water.
“The waves and colors reminded me of the ocean. The China Glaze® shades – a mix of black, soft blue and green – captured the ocean during the autumn time, a little moodier and stark. The black wavy stripe across the nail captured the feeling of movement and made the wave bolder and more abstract, like a piece of artwork. I created this design so it was interesting without being distracting, as well as complemented all looks in the collection.”
Herman used China Glaze Kinetic Candy, a light blue crème, the bold green crème of Shore Enuff, and the black Liquid Leather to create her bold design. China Glaze invites you to try out this oceanic, runway-ready look for yourself with the following guide: »
What You’ll Need:
Ridge Filler Base Coat
Fast Forward Top Coat
(All products available from China Glaze).
- Apply one coat of Ridge Filler Base Coat to clean, filed nails.
- Next, apply two coats of Kinetic Candy.
- Using a thin striping brush, create a “S” shape across the nail using Liquid Leather.
- On the side of nail closest to the tip, fill in with Shore Enuff. (TIP: Use striping brush to get the polish as close to the edge of the “S” shape as possible, then polish brush to fill in the rest).
- Finish with Fast Forward Top Coat.
[Images: China Glaze]