CHANEL Nail Artist Betina Goldstein created Margot Robbie's manicure for the 2024 Golden Globes.
Robbie was nominated for Actress in a Musical or Comedy Motion Picture for "Barbie," although she did accept the inaugural Cinematic and Box Office Achievement Award for said film alongside director Greta Gerwig as one of the film's executive producers.
As for her look for the night, Robbie took inspiration from 1977 Superstar Barbie, wearing a custom Giorgio Armani Privé hot pink sequined gown along with a pink tulle boa. Running with this inspo, Goldstein created a nude nail look to blend in with Robbie's skin color.
"For Margot's nails, I wanted them to blend in with her skin to create the illusion of Barbie doll hands," Goldstein shares.
Follow the step-by-step tutorial below to recreate this look for your clients.
- Prep the hands with CHANEL SUBLIMAGE LES GRAINS DE VANILLE Purifying and Radiance-Revealing Vanilla Seed Face Scrub to exfoliate any dead skin.
- Follow with SUBLIMAGE LA CRÈME and a few drops of CHANEL LE BLANC HUILE.
- To smooth the nail bed, use one coat of LA BASE CAMÉLIA.
- Follow with one coat of CHANEL Le Vernis in 103 - LÉGENDE as the base color to give the nails a beige depth.
- Then, apply one coat of CHANEL Le Vernis in 175 - SKIEUSE to add a sheer hint of pink and create a Barbie doll hand effect.
- Finish with two coats of LE GEL COAT for protection and shine.