"Trolls: Band Together" star Anna Kendrick wore a fun, pastel skittle manicure to the red carpet premiere of the film.
The look was created by Celebrity Manicurist Queenie Nguyen (@nailartbyqueenie) using products from Aprés Nail. Nguyen was inspired by Kendrick's dress, Resort ‘24 Look 34 Sky+Avocado Flora Cyclone Dress from Harbison Studio featuring yellow and blue tuffs with floral accents.
“Since Anna’s dress for the premiere was so fun and playful, I wanted to create a nail look that played with the color palette and complements the whole look. Anna and I both loved the idea of a Pastel Skittle French Manicure combining a mix of blue, minty green and yellow.”
You can follow the tutorial below to create this fun look that plays a perfect nod to late '90s and Y2K nostalgia, just like the film!
- Choose a fun pastel color palette for the French manicure. Nguyen also included a solid white nail among the pastel colors to make a nod to the traditional French manicure.
- Apply a thin layer of gel base coat to create a smooth foundation before color application.
- Polish with a sheer pink nude to give the natural nails a healthy base color before applying the French colors.
- Create the pastel skittle French manicure by polishing each nail with a different color.
- Be sure to seal everything in with gel top coat to protect the manicure and leave the nails extra shiny.