The 27th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) brought together the biggest celebrities in film and television from the comfort of their homes. Much like the previous award shows of the 2021 season, there was no official red carpet; however, celebrities including Viola Davis, Nicole Kidman and Kerry Washington still dressed to the nines in honor of the evening’s festivities.
From eye-catching manicures to boho braids, the top beauty looks of the evening gave us some major inspiration for springtime events.
Best Actress nominee Viola Davis wore a chic bob that was styled by Jamika Wilson (@jamikawilson) with a variety of Matrix products.
To achieve this look, Wilson shared the following instructions:
- Start by washing and conditioning the hair using Matrix Total Results Mega Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner to help control frizz and for a smooth foundation.
- Then apply Matrix StyleLink Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray to protect the hair from heat and ensure hair has a smooth and shiny finish. Once applied evenly throughout the hair, blow-dry and create a clean middle part.
- Cut the ends to give a sharp, blunt and chic cut by using shears and clippers. Once at the desired length, lightly apply Matrix StyleLink Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray once more all over the hair, then flat iron bone straight.
- To finish, apply to smooth and lay down the front of the hair to polish off any flyaways and tuck front parts behind the ears.
Celebrity nail artist Kim Truong (@kimkimnails) created a gorgeous set of mermaid-inspired nails for actress Kerry Washington. To match Washington’s sparkling sapphire gown, Truong reached for several OPI products.
To achieve this look:
- Start by applying OPI GelColor Stay Strong Base Coat to nails.
- Next, polish two nails with one coat of OPI GelColor in “Passion.”
- Follow up by painting the remaining nails with a coat of OPI GelColor in “Tile Art to Warm Your Heart.”
- Using a detail liner brush dipped in OPI GelColor in “Tile Art to Warm Your Heart” create a thin French manicure on the pink nails followed by placing a blue crystal to the center base.
- On the blue accent nails, apply clear crystal beads in the desired pattern.
- Lastly, seal on all crystals and edges with OPI GelColor Stay Shiny Top Coat.
Nicole Kidman’s hair was styled by Kylee Heath (@kyleeheathhair) who said she was inspired by “the beauty of [Nicole’s] beaded Armani dress. We really wanted Nicole's hair to be pretty, soft and easy breezy to reflect simple elegance and complement the dress."
Heath’s step-by-step instructions for the look are as follows:
- On damp hair, Kylee applied Philip B Weightless Conditioning water and Russian Amber Imperial Mousse onto damp hair and brushed it through with the Olivia Garden Divine brush.
- She blow-dried Nicole's hair using Olivia Gardens Ceramic + Ion dryer and a large ThermoVent round brush.
- Once dry, she smoothed the hair with the Olivia Garden Ceramic High Ion Flat Iron- leaving out the very front (to add wave and shine to those face-framing pieces at the end)
- To get the hair super silky and make the fishtail braid easier to accomplish, she applied Philip B Anti Frizz all the way through the strands and brought the hair to her right side.
- Breaking into two sections- she started the braid first bringing section one right and over left repeating left over right followed by a small section from the right bringing it to the left continuing back and forth until the end.
- To frame the face, she curled the front pieces away using the Olivia Garden flat iron and applied a small amount of the Philip B anti-frizz formula for added shine.
- Finishing the look, she sprayed the Philip B Jet Precision Control Hairspray combing down any fly always.
- She then pulled apart the braid and sprayed it into the braid to hold it in place and applied a touch of Nicole's long-time favorite Philip B Rejuvenating Oil to the braid tail.