As a competitive nail salon, you have to stay one step ahead of your competition. Start by offering creative, intriguing pedicure services. How about a beer pedicure? You heard us. Beer is not just great with a brat, it’s also great for your feet! Offering beer pedicures at your nail salon may just cause clients to bust down your door dying to try it. Plus, it’s a great way to increase your male clientele. Wherever there’s beer, men will come. Offer clients a complimentary beer during the service to really seal the deal.
Beer has been shown to do wonders for skin. The enzymes and hops are the magical ingredients to fantastic feet! It softens skin and helps exfoliate the feet. Plus, since it’s alcohol, it’s a natural antiseptic. Here’s some simple steps for a beer pedicure:
1. Fill your pedicure tub with very warm water and turn on the jets.
2. Next, pour in a bottle of beer. This is a fun chance to get your client’s customization. Have a couple selections available so clients can choose the experience. Some beers are nuttier, spicier, and darker. We suggest pouring in a bottle of Blue Moon. Its orange flavor is super relaxing!
3. Let your clients soak for 10-15 minutes.
4. Next, use an exfoliating scrub infused with lime or orange and rinse. Lime is perfect for a lighter beer and orange makes a great pairing with a citrus flavored beer like Blue Moon or Shock Top.
5. Finish off with a lime or orange lotion!
You can continue your pedicure services as normal. This service is relaxing for the summer, but can be the perfect service to gift during the holidays. Come up with cute gift cards specifically for your beer pedicure and keep them near your register. Your female clients will have the perfect gift idea for the men in their lives right at hand!
[Image: Elton Morris via Flickr Creative Commons]