After seeing nail artist, Jana Dunzanec create her beautiful gel butterflies, we just had to find out if she had anything else she could teach us! Jana happily obliged and created this step-by-step guide on creating a bright, Hawaiian-inspired nail design.
1. Build the nail into an almond shape using builder gel.
2. Using very pigmented gels (like an Art Gel) in magenta and white, start to draw petals of your flower like shown on picture. Blend and shade these two colors together well. Cure it under a UV lamp for 5-10 seconds.
3. Add some small amount of black gel into middle of flower , also with slow motions with brush blend it well.
4. With the same colors as the flower, add some details on petals. Draw small neon orange petals around the middle flower. Cure under UV lamp for 5-10 seconds.
5. With green and yellow, draw the middle of the small orange flower, and in the big flower (pink), draw the middle as shown. Add some dots with yellow. Cure 5-10 seconds.
6. With a very thin brush and white gel, start to outline and add some higlights onto the whole design. Cure for 2 minutes.
7. With neon orange and pink, draw the outline of the whole design. With a very small amount of brown and black gel, add shadows around the flowers. Cure it for 2 minutes.
8. With a thin synthetic brush and white gel, draw the design like shown for your final touch.
9. Add top coat, cure, and wipe away the inhibition layer. Done!
Products used from Jet Set Beauty and Eurofashion Exclusive.
Find Jana’s work online:
[Images: Jana Duzanec]