In each issue, you will find a multiple-choice test that will allow you to demonstrate what you have learned from our Nail Clinic column. Discover answers to this month’s test here. Then check if you got them correct at the bottom of this quiz!
1. What you eat has little effect on your risk for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and heart disease.
2. Which of these foods is not thought to help reduce symptoms of depression?
A. Lean beef
3. Making small healthy changes one at a time sets you up for success because they are less overwhelming.
4. According to studies, eating which of the following might lower inflammation in the body?
A. Cool Ranch Doritos
B. Cake topped with organic whipped cream
C. Dark chocolate
D. None of the above
5. Most dietitians recommend Pop-Tarts as a healthy breakfast as long as they are fruit flavored.
6. Which of the following is important to include in a healthy breakfast?
B. Saturated fat
C. Refined carbohydrates
D. Deep-fried foods
7. Ideally, how much protein should you get in most meals?
A. 10 grams
B. 350 grams
C. 1,200 grams
D. 20 grams
8. Which of the following is known as the “happiness hormone” that helps regulate sleep, mood and impulse control?
9. Which of the following is not a healthy dietary tweak?
A. Swapping olive oil for canola oil
B. Choosing hamburger meat instead of lean chicken or fish
C. Swapping whole wheat bread for white bread
D. Adding an extra fresh or steamed vegetable to a meal
10. Adding mint, lemon or cucumber to water can make it less boring without adding extra calories.
Answers to January/February 2022 test: 1) B 2) A 3) A 4) C 5) B 6) A 7) D 8) B 9) B 10) A