Deciding on how to price your top services can be tricky – and you certainly want to settle on a dollar amount that works for the part of the country that you’re in. Fortunately, Square Appointments, an app that many salons use to schedule clients has been collecting data to give you a realistic picture of how much customers are paying for services across the United States. It seems the West Coast spends the least on their combined mani-pedis, while those in the Mountain states spend the most. Here’s a deeper look at all the facts they found:
Best times of day to schedule appointments at hair salons:
- During the week customers should try and book their hair appointments during lunch time; only 10% of appointments start at noon.
- During the weekends customers should try and book their hair appointments after 2 p.m.; only 14% appointments are booked after 2 p.m. This way customers won’t have to touch up their blowouts before going out on the town.
Busiest times of day to schedule appointments at hair salons:
- Peak times: During the week, peak time is 3 p.m., whereas on weekends the peak time is 10 a.m.
Price of nail services:
- We found that customers in the Mountain states (AZ, CO, ID, etc.) on average spend the most money on their mani/pedis ($50.73).
- West Coast customers (CA, OR, WA) spend the least on their mani/pedis ($36.89).
- The most affordable manicure you’ll find in the U.S. is in the Mid-Atlantic states (NY, NJ, PA) for $20.00. The most expensive manicure is in the Mountain states for $29.08.