Give your clients more than they expect, and they’ll repay you with faithful salon visits, says Geno Stampora, life-enhancement speaker, coach, educator, Nailpro advisory board member and former salon owner. Stampora, along with business etiquette and protocol expert Lydia Ramsey, offer these 11 steps successful salon owners can take to make their clients happy:
1. Greet clients immediately with a warm smile and eye contact.
2. If possible, open the door for clients as they enter the salon. ?If you’re behind the front desk, rise when a client enters the salon.
3. Don’t keep a client waiting. If waiting is unavoidable, tell the client the length of the delay and make her comfortable—offer her a drink or have ?her sample your newest lotion.
4. Give clients tours of the salon. Showing a manicure client your pedicure room may tempt her to try a pedicure on her next visit.
5. Make sure that everything works and works well, from the ?table lamps to the toilet.
6. Keep plenty of supplies in stock, from nail products to paper towels.
7. Make cleanliness a priority.
8. Dress appropriately.
9. Have knowledgeable, friendly employees.
10. Share dialogue. Prepare greeting and closing statements that you and your employees will always use (for example, “It’s a great day at Tina’s Nail Salon” and “Thank you for coming to Tina’s”), both in person and on the phone. This gives your clients the impression that you and your employees are a team.
11. Get feedback from your clients. Ask them if they’re getting everything that they expect from your salon.
[Images: Ben Smith]