Created by nail artist and blogger YaGala (@yagala), the newly launched namesake YaGala 7-Free Nail Lacquer collection is available in 37 colors and 10 neon shades.
1. To create a marble decal, start by dropping Pure White into a cup of chilled water. Then, add a drop of Charcoal in the center of the white polish. Alternate between white and black polish until the pattern consists of roughly 20 concentric rings.
2. Drag a dotting tool through the polish, starting at the edge of the circle and moving toward the center. Wipe the tip of the dotting tool and repeat. Repeat Step 2 up to 15 times.
3. Allow the marble decal to set for 10-15 minutes. Then, slip an orangewood stick under the edge of the marble decal and gently pull it out of the water.
4. Lay the marble decal flat on a paper towel to dry.
5. Prep nails, then apply 1 coat of Pure White.
6. Cut a nail-sized piece from the marble decal. Then, while the polish is still tacky, use tweezers to apply the decal on top of the polish.
7. Using a cuticle pusher, trim off any excess decal around the nail bed. Then, use scissors or a nail file to remove any excess decal at the free edge.
8. To finish, apply top coat.
Watch the two video tutorials below to see this step-by-step in action:
What do you think of this watarmarble technique using Yagala 7-free nail polish? Let us know in the comments below!
[Images: Photography by Jason Bennett]