The runway forecasts that chic, simple nail art will be the trend this coming spring. At the Marissa Webb Spring 2016 show, New York City nail artist Miss Pop worked with Orly to create a minimalistic design – a creamy white with a off-center stripe – inspired by Marissa Webb’s signature strappy black and white shoe collection.
Like this classy off-white look? Here’s how to get it yourself:
1. File nails into a “ballet slipper” shape: an elongated oval with a squared-off tip.
2. Apply one coat of Orly BONDER Basecoat to nails.
3. Create a crisp white canvas by painting two thin coats of White Tips onto nails. Wait until dry.
4. Draw a thin line upwards from base to tip using Instant Artist in Jet Black, one-third of the way into the nail on the left-hand side.
o Miss Pop Tip: Don’t have a super steady hand? Paint thin strips of artist’s tape black with traditional lacquer (try Liquid Vinyl) and place on dry nails.
5. Top off the look with Orly poliSHIELD for a lasting high-shine finish.
6. Use the Orly Flash Dry dropper to add 1-2 drops to each nail for a look that’s ready to hit the runway.