In each issue, you will find a multiple-choice test that will allow you to demonstrate what you have learned from our Nail Clinic column. Discover answers to this month’s test here. Then check if you got them correct at the bottom of this quiz!
1. True or false: One of the most common causes of wrist pain among nail techs is tendonitis.
2. Tendonitis refers to:
A. A phobia related to the number 10
B. An inflamed tendon
C. A restriction of oxygen to the brain that can cause dizziness
D. None of the above
3. Which of the following statements about tendonitis is accurate?
A. Tendonitis typically only occurs in athletes.
B. Tendonitis is a disorder of the blood.
C. Tendonitis occurs when the lining around the thumb becomes irritated or swollen.
D. All the above
4. True or false: Several different thumb tendons are responsible for the thumb’s range of motion.
5. What commonly causes pain or swelling in the wrists that is unrelated to a fall or car accident?
B. Carpal tunnel syndrome
C. Plantar fasciitis
D. A and B
6. Which of the following can lead to the development of tendonitis?
A. Pinching instruments and clients’ hands during a service
B. Stretching and strengthening the wrist and forearms
C. Sleeping too much
D. B and C
7. True or false: It is not possible to get arthritis in the thumb, only in fingers.
8. When performing a service, it is important to:
A. Make sure your chair is at a height so your feet comfortably can be flat on the floor.
B. Rush through services to make more money.
C. Have a bright, adjustable light so you do not have to lean in to see clients’ hands.
D. Both A and C
9. True or false: Women are more likely than men to develop problems with the hand, such as De Quervain’s tenosynovitis.
10. Which of the following are good ways to prevent wrist pain?
A. Putting pads on the edges of worktables to avoid creating pressure points in the arms
B. Regularly stretching wrists backward and forward
C. Taking ibuprofen or applying a topical CBD cream
D. All the above
Answers to June 2022 test: 1) A 2) B 3) C 4) A 5) D 6) A 7) B 8) D 9) A 10) D
This article was originally published in the June 2022 issue of Nailpro magazine.