In each issue, you will find a multiple-choice test that will allow you to demonstrate what you have learned from our Nail Clinic column. Discover answers to this month’s test here. Then check if you got them correct at the bottom of this quiz!
1. _____ in 10 people suffer from discoloration in their toenails, including toenail fungus, psoriasis and certain traumas.
2. Which answer best explains the difference between a nail technician and a specialized pedicurist?
A. The most certificates
B. Certifications, continuing education and training, the environment of the establishment, the advanced pedicure equipment and technique
C. Working inside a fully staffed salon
D. All the above
3. How long does it normally take to become a specialized pedicurist?
A. One to two years
B. Two to three years
C. Four years
D. Five-plus years
4. Many people go to nail salons to get answers, rather than going to a physician.
5. Specialized pedicurists treat nail fungus.
6. Specialized pedicurists assist with the eradication of certain foot conditions with the incorporation of a physician.
7. Just because someone says they have an ingrown toenail does not mean they have an ingrown toenail.
8. What are the most common referrals that specialized pedicurists give?
B. Abnormalities and discoloration in the toenails
C. Heel pain
D. Ingrown toenail
9. Specialized pedicurists work well with physicians because…
A. They think they know everything.
B. They know what works and what does not work for each client while referring and leaving the diagnosis to the physician.
C. They are pleasant to be around.
D. All the above
10. Specialized pedicurists are needed to…
A. Give extra attention, love and care to people who are elderly or have undergone foot surgery
B. Perform a pedicure without soaking the feet
C. Perform special pedicures
D. Only treat ingrown toenails
Answers to May 2022 test: 1) C 2) B 3) A 4) A 5) B 6) A 7) A 8) B 9) B 10) A
This article was originally published in the May 2022 issue of Nailpro magazine.