According to Kline, the professional nail care market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9 percent between 2021 and 2026
The professional nail care market rebounded in 2021, experiencing 8 percent growth versus 2020. This is below par with 2019 sales due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and its associated health hazards. According to Kline:
- Gels is the largest product category within the U.S. professional nail care market, with 9.4 percent growth.
- Nail enhancements is the second-largest category, witnessing 15.6 percent growth in 2021.
- Nail polish represented the third-largest category.
- The demand for soak-off gels remained minimal.
- Dipping powders remained the leading product type and grew the maximum in comparison to other product types in 2021.
- Traditional nail polishes witnessed a 4 percent growth, while long-wear nail polishes witnessed a further 12 percent decline.
- Care products experienced a growth of 6 percent, due to the trend of self-care and an increase in manicure and pedicure services at salons.
- The industry saw an increased demand for natural products.