Celebrity Manicurist, Elle, reminded us that Winter is Coming with a vampy, sophisticated look for actress, Michelle Williams, at this year’s Tony Awards.
Michelle Williams + Red Carpet Manicure = Amazing Tony Awards 2016 Nails
Inspired by Michelle’s (we’re on a first name basis, alright) accessories and the dark accents on her white Louis Vuitton gown, Elle created a dark look using Red Carpet Manicure’s sultry Sexy Stiletto polish that reminded us of all the reasons we love Fall/Winter.
In what looks to be a reverse French tip, Elle created a beautiful minimalist look that featured a thin, white line at the bottom of the nail that was then accentuated with a rich, black base with wine undertones that looked divine on the Blackbird star.
If you love this look as much as we do, you’re in luck because we’ve got the step-by-step guide on how to create this design with both gel and lacquer.
Get the Look with Lacquer
- Start the manicure by filing nails into the desired shape
- Apply a drop of RCM Revitalize Cuticle Oil ($15) to her nail bed and gently push back cuticles
- Once the nail and nail beds are ready for polish, apply a thin coat of RCM Clingy Base Coat ($8) to help ensure the nail lacquer adheres well and to prevent any chips
- Next, apply Nail Lacquer in Sexy Stiletto ($8)
- For extra shine, apply Shine On Top Coat ($8)
- Before you head out the door, add a few extra drops of RCM Revitalize Cuticle Oil for added sheen and conditioning
Get the Look with Gel
- Begin the manicure by filing nails into the desired shape
- Clean nail beds using RCM Purify and Prep ($4 each) to prepare nails for a gel manicure
- Follow up with a thin coat of RCM Structure Base Coat ($10, Nordstrom.com) and cured each hand for 45 seconds in the RCM Pro 45 Light ($50)
- Then apply one thin coat of RCM Gel Polish in Black Stretch Limo ($10) and cure for 45 seconds
- Next add a coat of RCM Gel Polish in Plum Up The Volume ($10) to create a deep burgundy hue
- For a high-gloss, long-lasting finish, finish the manicure with a coat of RCM Brilliance Top Coat ($10, Nordstrom.com) and a coat of RCM Revitalize Cuticle Oil
What do you think of this mani? Did Elle nail it?