Nail Art Tutorial: American Flag Nails
If your clients are proud to be American, put this pattern on their nails! Hiroko Fujikawa of West Hollywood’s MARS the Salon explains how to achieve this decked-out style.
1. Apply a base coat.
2. Apply a white nail polish on the thumb, index, middle and pinky finger.
3. Paint an American flag with dark blue and red glitter nail polish.
4. Attach silver star holograms with glue on the dark blue part of the flag.
5. Paint a zigzag balloon with silver glitter nail polish and outline the edge of zigzag balloon with blue glitter nail polish.
6. Paint “July 4th” with neon pink nail polish on the ring finger inside of the zigzag balloon.
7. Paint a heart shape with a white nail polish.
8. Using a thin paint brush, paint red glitter stripes and a small blue patch.
9. Using a white nail polish and needle, paint tiny stars on the blue part of the flag.
10. Using a purple nail polish, paint “I USA” on top and below the heart shaped flag on the thumb finger.
11. Apply a top coat.
[Images: Alex Sclavos/MARS the Salon]