Mix and match manis can be a lot of fun for clients, especially when they want to show off how festive they are around holidays. With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, it’s time to break out the emerald and shamrocks. Thankfully, MARS the Salon in Los Angeles has created this comprehensive how-to for the perfect. St. Paddy’s mani.
1. Apply a base coat.
2. Apply Essie Blanc to the thumb, middle and pinky finger. Apply Essie Shake Your $$ Maker to the index finger, creating a straight French line. Apply Essie The More the Merrier on the ring finger, creating a straight French line.
3. Using a thin paintbrush, draw a diamond shape with Essie The More the Merrier on the thumb. Draw a second diamond shape with Essie Shake Your $$ Maker and a third diamond with Essie Fashion Playground on the other side of the diamond you drew in step.
4. Using a toothpick and Essie Loophole draw three thin diagonal lines on the center of the diamonds. Then, draw three parallel diagonal lines to the first three. Connect the lines to create diamond shapes.
5. Using a ballpoint pen and Essie The More the Merrier, Blanc and Fashion Playground, draw two large dots and two half dots on top of the index finger.
6. With a toothpick and Essie Shake Your $$ Maker, Blanc, and Fashion Playground, draw crosses on top of the large dots.
7. Take a thin paintbrush and Essie Shake Your $$ Maker, and draw thick stripes on the middle finger. With Essie The More the Merrier, draw thin stripes between the thick stripes on the middle finger.
8.Using a toothpick and Essie Fashion Playground draw small dots on top of the ring finger.
9. Then, with China Silver Nail striping tape, attach straight lines at the bottom of the color portion on the index and ring fingers.
10. With Essie Shake Your $$ Maker and a thin paintbrush, draw four small petals at the bottom and middle of the pinky finger to create two clovers. Then, using Essie Fashion Playground draw two small petals at the side of the nail and top of the nail to create the illusion of the clovers. Finally with, Essie The More the Merrier draw two small petals at the other side of the nail and at the top of the nail to create the illusion of clovers.
11. Apply a top coat. Done!
[Images: MARS the Salon]