Courtesy of Jenny Bui
Nail artist Jenny Bui is known for her blinged-out designs and shares a short and sweet snapshot of her journey.
- When and why did you become a nail tech?
“I became a nail tech over 25 years ago, just before I had my first daughter. I was introduced to the nail industry by my sister-in-law at the time.”
- After receiving your nail tech/beauty license, have you received other certifications? If so, what?
“After receiving my cosmetology license, I befriended other nail techs, and we shared our knowledge.”
- Where do you find education, and how do you continue growing your skills and business?
“I make friends with a lot of nail techs, and we share our knowledge. As a master of bling, I would teach my tips and tricks, and vice versa. I always want to learn more things; if there is something I want to create, I will practice until I think it is right.”
- What obstacles have you faced, and how did you overcome them?
“A huge obstacle was language barrier…My English still is not the best, but I have built good relationships with my workers and customers.”
- What tips do you have for aspiring and budding nail techs?
“My favorite tip for aspiring nail techs is never give up. Becoming a nail tech requires a lot of practice and patience. Not everyone is going to get it on the first try. Everyone’s hand movements are different—the angle they hold a brush, the pressure they hold a nail file—you have to find your technique and how it will work best for you.”