And just like that, fall nail art is back in full swing! This season, popular summer 2021 nail trends will effortlessly transition into the cooler months with the help of rich earth tones, iconic nail shapes and free-spirited designs.
NAILPRO spoke with celebrity nail artist Julie Kandalec at Cosmoprof 2021 about the nail art trends she predicts will flood salons over the next several months.
5 Fall 2021 Nail Art Predictions
- While lime and neon greens were client favorites in the spring and summer months, Kandalec predicts that the hue will head over to the dark side with the introduction of deep emerald manicures.
- Mix-and-match nail art allows clients to rock different designs on all their fingers, which gives nail artists the opportunity to slay the design game 10 times over.
- Move over stiletto nails, Kandalec foresees that coffin and ballerina shapes will be crowd pleasers this season.
- Negative-space nails will continue to be a popular choice in salons. The trend will get an autumn-worthy makeover with the use of darker color palettes including eggplant, burgundy and slate blue.
- Organic shapes, not so much geometric shapes, will reign supreme when it comes to nail art designs, according to Kandalec. Expect to see the swirl nail art trend remain as well as nature-inspired designs such as cow prints and half-moon designs.