"Euphoria" and "The Last of Us" actress Storm Reid attended the amfAR Gala at the Cannes Film Festival in a gorgeous golden Prada dress.
“The inspiration behind this nail look is obviously her stunning gold Prada dress. CND PLEXIGEL’s Soft Blush base was the perfect neutral that elongated her hands beautifully, and the gold foils dripping off the tips of her nails were the final touch to tie the whole look together," Kandalec shares. "Storm has a full schedule of events this week, so we wanted something long-lasting and versatile but still looks special."
If you want to learn how to create this look for your clients, you can follow the tutorial from Kandalec below.
- Begin with nail prep.
- Apply a layer of gel bonder, and cure.
- Using nail forms with builder gel, build desired nail length, shape and architecture. Cure.
- Clean the nail with 99% IPA.
- Shape and refine the nail using a 180-grit file and buffer.
- Repeat step 4.
- Apply a layer of nude color builder as a base. Cure.
- Using a gel shaper, adhere small pieces of gold foil to the tips of the nails, cascading down towards the base to create a dripping effect. Cure.
- Seal with a layer of no-wipe top coat, and cure.
- Moisturize with cuticle oil to condition the nails and cuticles.