Courtesy of Temeka Jackson (@customtnails1)
Lil Nas X walked the Met Gala 2023 red carpet covered in crystals and silver paint, and his nails were no exception.
Manicurist Temeka Jackson (@customtnails1) created Lil Nas X's custom nail look for the Met Gala using products from Aprés Nail.
"ITS ALL ABOUT THE DRAMA," Jackson shared in an Instagram post. "SEE HOW NAS CLAWS HIS WAY TO THE RED CARPET IN AN ICONIC CUSTOM SET."
You can learn how Jackson created this flawless nail look with a tutorial below.
- Prior to making the nails, you want to fit all 10 nails by selecting the size and shape of the nail for a flawless fit.
- To begin, you will need to combine two nails to make a dramatic claw. To start, apply nails to a stand. Unless the nail bed is larger, you will want to use Gel X in a natural short, medium stiletto.
- Adhere Gel-X Natural Stiletto Long tips to the free edge of the nail, slightly tilt keeping a flawless flush. Remember to create a deep curve claw. The slight tilt is important.
- Blend tip to give a more flawless finish! Don’t worry about the dip using a base coat will help level it out to create a smooth surface.
- Apply one coat of gel base coat. Cure 30 seconds in an LED lamp.
- To begin creating the custom claw, apply one coat of New Year Wishes mixed with loose silver glitter. Cure 30 seconds in an LED lamp.
- Apply one coat of non-wipe glossy top coat. Cure 30 seconds.
- Now, you can bling out the nail.
- Once the nail bling has been applied, apply non-wipe glossy top coat around the tip edge of the nails. Do not apply on the crystals. Cure 30 seconds in an LED lamp.