Courtesy of Julie Kandalec
Emily Blunt walked the Met Gala 2023 red carpet in a custom Michael Kors lace outfit with a crisp black nail to match.
Celebrity manicurist and educator Julie Kandalec created Blunt's nail look for the event using products from CND.
"The lace and sequin details of Emily’s look called for a strong crisp nail," Kandalec shared. "We chose Black Pool to balance the softness of the lace and brought our vision together perfectly, plus the little touch of Chanel charms with micro pearls to complete the look."
If you want to recreate this look for your clients, look no further. You can follow the tutorial from Kandalec below.
- Begin with nail prep.
- Apply a layer of base coat, and cure in a LED lamp.
- Apply two layers of black polish, and cure.
- Apply a layer of no-wipe top coat, and cure.
- Using builder gel, secure a small Chanel logo charm to the center of the ring fingers, and cure.
- Moisturize with cuticle oil to condition nails and cuticles.