Viola Davis looked show-stopping in a statement pink gown at the 2023 Met Gala.
Nail artist Kim Truong (@kimkimnails) created a nail look to match using products from CND.
"Viola’s nails are a pearlescent chrome on top of a light pink," Truong shares. "Since Viola’s gown is an all pink dress with feathers, she wanted her nails to pop against it. The chrome used allowed us to achieve that subtle wow moment without contrasting her outfit. The luster of the chrome reacts to the body’s movements and subtly shifts in the light."
You can see how Truong created Davis' chrome nails below.
- Begin with natural nail prep.
- Apply one thin layer of base coat, and cure for 10 seconds in an LED nail lamp.
- Apply one layer of light pink polish, and cure for one minute.
- Apply one coat of no-wipe top coat, and cure.
- Using a sponge applicator dipped lightly in a pearlescent chrome color, rub the chrome evenly on the surface of the nail.
- Apply no-wipe top coat to seal, and cure for one minute.
- Apply a drop of cuticle oil to condition the nail.