Mini egg nails are currently trending on TikTok, with over 266.1 million views. Even Cadbury got in on the new beauty trend by posting a stunning set of Mini Egg nails on their TikTok account.
If you want to learn how to create this trending nail art, look no further! Liana Thomson, nail expert at Nails.co.uk, shares her tips and tutorial for how to create mini egg nails that are sure to be a hit this spring.
- Start by preparing the nail beds by buffing the surface. Follow up by pushing the cuticles back to allow the varnishes to sit well. Finish nail prep by filing and shaping each nail's end in the shape of an oval.
- Mini eggs come in four colors: white, yellow, pink and purple. Pick a pastel nail varnish for each of the colors. Next, paint each of the fingers a different shade, and repeat a color on the fifth nail.
- Place a drop of black nail varnish on a wipeable surface. After this, grab an old toothbrush, and repurpose it. Dip your toothbrush gently into the nail varnish, so only the tops of each toothbrush bristle is covered.
- Dot the black nail varnish onto the nails to create the spotty effect of a mini egg.
- After the design has dried, go over the nails with a matte top coat to finish.
Remind your clients not to bite their nails because this design is going to look delicious enough to eat!