Laverne Cox and Mindy Kaling rocked the 47th People's Choice Awards with their nail looks.
Both Laverne's and Mindy's nail artists created their looks using OPI’s Nature Strong franchise.
Celebrity nail artist Eri Ishizu created an embellished nail look for Laverne Cox for the People’s Choice Awards, who wore a purple velvet feathered gown.
Get Laverne Cox's Look:
- Start by using the OPI Natural Nail Base Coat.
- Then apply two coats of OPI Nature Strong in A Clay in the Life. Wait three to five minutes for it to dry.
- Next, apply OPI Chrome Effects in Pay Me in Rubies.
- Apply the OPI Chrome Effects Nail Lacquer Top Coat.
- Now, take the embellished stones and using glue, apply them in a curve onto each nail.
- Finish with the OPI Nature Strong Top Coat.
Celebrity nail artist Pilar Lafargue created a classic white manicure with a subtle French tip to match Mindy Kaling’s two looks.
Get Mindy Kaling's Look: Courtesy of @pilarnoirenails
- Start by shaping nails with the OPI Edge 240 File and cleanse nails using OPI N.A.S. 99 Cleaning Solution.
- Then, paint one thin layer of OPI Natural Nail Base Coat for a strong adhesion of color.
- Apply one thin coat of OPI Nature Strong in Strong as Shell, and add a second coat just to the tips like a French to make a subtle French manicure.
- Let the polish set before applying Nature Strong Top Coat and making sure to seal the edge of the nails for lasting wear.
- Once dry, use OPI Pro Spa Nail & Cuticle Oil to keep cuticles and hands moisturized.