Give your clients sparkle and shimmer this holiday with this popping pink set
Hilary Dawn Herrera shares how to recreate her gilded abstract nail art featured on Nailpro's November/December 2022 cover.
GET THE LOOK
2. Apply a matte top coat, then cure. Cleanse the top coat with alcohol after curing, or let dry if using a non-wipe top coat.
3. Use the same non-wipe top coat to trace an abstract design on the nail. Ensure the design is dimensional and sits above the nail slightly in thickness. Cure for approximately 20 seconds.
4. Use even pressure to apply a chrome powder on the raised abstract design. Try to isolate the powder only to the design to avoid a chrome mess! Tip: Leave any excess chrome on the nail for now.
5. Trace a glossy non-wipe top coat over the chrome design, then cure. Wipe the nail with alcohol to remove any excess chrome, and let dry.
6. Use an adhesive gel to secure accents like stones, gems or mother of pearl chips to the nail. Gently wiggle each added detail to ensure adhesion. The adhesive gel should peak around the outer edges of the accents for a better hold. Cure.
7. Trace over the accents using a non-wipe glossy top coat. Apply the glossy top coat conservatively to seal and protect the accents without minimizing their dimensions. Cure.