Jose Cordova breaks down how he created this floral summer set for the cover of Nailpro's July/August 2022 issue. Check out the how-to to recreate this crisp set.
- Start with a white base.
- Add a geometric shape with pop of color.
- Outline your shape in black.
- Create the silhouette of the flowers using black gel paint.
- Mix clear and black gel polish to create shading within the flower.
- Add white for highlights.
- Add a matte top coat.
- Add embellishments, and you are done.
To see all the step-by-step photos, continue reading Nailpro's July/August 2022 digital magazine.
Related: Behind the Cover: Tropical Summer
About the Nail Tech
Jose Cordova was introduced to nails as a teenager by his mother who was a nail enthusiast. He first learned how to apply nails while living in Mexico with the help of nail magazines and their step-by-step tutorials. In 2016, after having tried his luck in other industries, he realized he needed to pursue nail artistry as a career and got his cosmetology license. He is a now a Phoenix-based nail artist specializing in dynamic hand-painted nail art.