This year's Thanksgiving celebrations may be smaller and held via Zoom but that doesn't mean dressing in your holiday best needs to fall by the wayside. In fact, nail artist Mindy Yang (@innailvativehaus) created a gorgeous golden foil nail look that will help celebrate Turkey Day in cozy glamour.
"This set was inspired by my current obsession for abstract art and long time favorite line work. Honestly, fall colors have been a year-round favorite of mine. From nudes to oranges, anyone can pull it off during any season. The gold foil is like the cherry on top of a cake. Just the last touch to make this set complete," Yang explained. Below, she gives her step-by-step instructions for achieving this golden look.
Step 1. Nail prep
- Use Erica's ATA High End Dry Kit to lift and push back the Proximal Nail Folds.
- Nip the Proximal Nail Folds & use the Enhancement Prep bit by Kupa to buff off and remaining cuticles on the nail bed.
- With a medium-coarse sanding band, lightly buff the shine off the natural nails. Brush off the dust.
- Apply one coat of Bondaid by OPI on all the nails.
- Apply one coat of Protein Bond by Young Nails on all the nails.
- Apply forms by Young Nails.
Step 2. Application
- Using Speed Clear Acrylic by Young Nails & Monomer by Nomma Lite, form stiletto nail extensions.
- For shape precision, file the application using a 100/180 Grit nail file.
- Use 3-in-1 Medium coarse bit by Kupa around the cuticle to blend the acrylic to the nail plate to prevent lifts & lightly go over the entire acrylic.
- Take the Medium coarse sanding band used to prep the nail bed and lightly go over the acrylic to smooth out any imperfections.
- Use Brush Bit Cleaner by Tony Ly to dust off around and on the nails.
Step 3. The fun part!
- Apply two coats of Light Macor #051 by DND to the pointer fingers & thumbs. Cure for 60 seconds between each coat.
- Apply two coats of Light Fawn #075 by DND to pinkies. Cure for 60 seconds between each coat.
- Apply one coat of Tiramisu For Two by OPI on the ring and middle fingers. Cure for 60 seconds.
- Use Foil Transfer Gel by Daily Charme on ring and middle fingers. Cure for 60 seconds.
- Randomly place Gold Foil by Dailey Charme over the ring and middle fingers.
- Apply matte top coat over ring and middle fingers. Cure for 60 seconds.
- ***PRO TIP : Matte top coat will help gel paint to stay in place when you're creating any art work.
- Using black gel paint by Elite99 and a thin line art brush, create organic lines in the center and outline the nails. Cure for 60 seconds.
- Apply Gel Top Coat Gloss by Kupa on all the nails. Cure for 60 seconds.
- Finish off the set with your favorite scented cuticle oil.