Elaine Waston, Vice President of Marketing and Sales and Educator at...
In a New York Minute
Sailors in uniform hold the interest of some women in Manhattan during Fleet Week each year, but for those who watch trends and designers, the true week to watch is in September, when Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week sets up the iconic tents at Lincoln Center to debut the Spring 2011 designer collections. And for nail techs, Fashion Week means the latest nail fashions and the colors to watch and wear for spring!
This year, designers kept nail techs busy backstage, concocting amazing creations with polish and nail art to emphasize the runway looks:
- The CND team created monogram moon manicures at Ruffian; nails adorned like cocktail rings for Diego Binetti; and halo manicures at Behnaz Sarapour.
- Dashing Diva manicurists kept the polish colors flowing: Almost every shade from lights to brights and gunmetal gray to glamorous gold adorned talons at Cushnie et Ochs, Nicholas K. and Trina Turk.
- OPI Products hues also made major appearances: Coney Island Cotton Candy complemented the soft colors at Max Azria, while I'm Suzi and I'm a Chocoholic was painted on models' nails at Rebecca Taylor. Finally, Samoan Sand accompanied manicures and pedicures at Charlotte Ronson.
- Deborah Lippmann employed one of her latest polish colors, Naked, and topped it off with a splash of Bad Romance on the ring fingers of female models at Richie Rich. Male models wore Lippmann's glitter polishes on their toes.
- Minx designs adorned models' nails at Dennis Basso, Coco & Breezy and Alice+Olivia.
- The Zoya team kept models' lacquer immaculate at Peter Som, Suno and Gant.
- China Glaze polish Innocence graced the nails of models at Tadashi.
- Color Club hues grabbed the spotlight at Rolando Santana.