Each day, Nailpro selects one gorgeous nail design from followers....
Nail Clinic: Osteoporosis Statistics
- About 85% to 90% of adult bone mass is acquired by age 18 in girls and 20 in boys.
- In the United States, 10 million individuals are estimated to already suffer from osteoporosis, and almost 34 million more are estimated to have low bone density.
- Of those 10 million Americans, 8 million (80%) are women and 2 million (20%) are men.
- According to estimated figures, osteoporosis was responsible for more than 2 million fractures in 2005.
- Women can lose up to 20% of their bone density in the five to seven years after menopause.