J.Lo’s manicurist never paints and tells. This week, the songstress tried out...
Nail Clinic: Health Care Professionals Statistics
- Rated the largest industry, health care provided 14 million jobs in 2006.
- Seven of the 20 fastest growing occupations in the U.S. are related to health care.
- Nearly 77% of health care establishments are offices of physicians, dentists or other health practitioners.
- Although hospitals constitute only 1% of all health care establishments, they employ 35% of all health care workers.
- Health care jobs are found throughout the country, but they are concentrated in the largest states—in particular, California, New York, Florida, Texas and Pennsylvania.